Thursday, March 5, 2009

Alone Time

We went and picked up Konner this morning at 10:30 and kept him till 6:00 this evening. We had a GREAT time with him! They gave us his schedule which we followed as well as we could. We fed him some lunch when we got to the room which consisted of mashed potatoes, crackers, part of a banana, and some apple juice. It took him a few minutes to figure out the sippy cup, since they give them drinks in tea cups at the orphanage which normally ends up all over them! After that he took a nap and it went very well. It only took us about 30 minutes to get him to sleep. He was trying his hardest to get mommy to play instead of sleep and kept poking me and smiling and laughing at me. It was kind of hard not to laugh at him! He slept for about an hour and a half and woke up with the biggest smile on his face! We introduced him to cartoons and baseball (Alan did this of course!) and he was very intrigued by the TV. He even watched Hannah Montana and we recorded some of this for his big sisters to watch. I'm sure Mary & Molly will know what they are saying even though it's in a different language!
He was less than thrilled, as were we, when we had to change him back into the orphanage clothes and put his snowsuit back on. He knows he's going somewhere when the snowsuit comes out.
We will get him again tomorrow for the day, so tomorrow night will be our last night away from him.

I should also mention that when we took his hat off today they had cut (shaved) his hair. I told Alan when we got here that I was going to tell them not to cut his hair again and of course, I forgot. Guess we'll buy some cute little hats to wear till it grows back out.

1 comment:

Tina said...

you got to take him with you for the day - how totally wonderful!! I'm so excited about getting back over there!