Thursday, October 30, 2008

Let's try this again

Now that I have calmed down a little bit I guess I need to update the blog. We got our new travel dates and now we are supposed to be leaving on the 8th and returning on the 14th. At least it's not that much longer. I'm trying to get our plane tickets changed now which is a big joke. The airline that we booked our flights with has nothing available for the dates that we need. The travel agency suggested getting a refund on those tickets and booking with another airline that has tickets available for those dates. We would lose part of the money we've already paid for those tickets and the new tickets would not be as cheap to change if something else were to come up. We may end up sticking with the old airline and leaving earlier or coming back later. We have some tickets reserved, but as of now they don't have any seats available for the flight from Germany to the US. I guess there are worse places to be stuck! Alan has always wanted to visit his birthplace so this would be the perfect opportunity!
We did finally find out that the Ministry of Education in Russia are the ones who changed our dates. The agency thinks that it probably has something to do with the fact that Russia has their elections the same time we do and all of their government offices are closed on the 3rd and 4th.
Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out!

No comments: