We got our travel dates yesterday! Here's our tentative schedule:
Leave the US on November 3rd.
Arrive in Moscow November 4th
November 5th we will go to the Ministry of Education & receive the "official assignment" of our child and then we will be given permission to visit with him that day. We will also visit with him on the 6th and 7th.
We will fly back from Moscow on the 9th. Then it's back to work on the 10th! (if we are still functioning!)
I made our travel arrangements today, which I never thought would be so difficult. I checked with several different airlines and several travel agencies. Some of the airlines say they offer special pricing for international adoptions, but they only fly in to one airport in Moscow and they give you the discount off their highest fare. I ended up going with a great agency called Golden Rule Travel. They are a humanitarian agency that specialize in international adoption travel & missionary trips. They were super nice & they were half the price of the other agencies for the exact same flights.
Now all we have to do is wait and pack and I've been told I have to pack light. I've never been able to do that before, so that will be a big challenge for me!
I will let you know if anything changes. By the way, our passports made it safely to Maryland! Whew!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment