Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day 2 from Siberia

Day 2 was much better. A little sunshine, not as much wind, and some good food can make a big difference in your attitude. Our bodies are adjusting to the time difference now, so we don't feel quite as bad as yesterday. Little man was much better this morning and was in a mood to really play and display his personality. We left to go to lunch feeling so much better. The other family traveling with us drug us away from the room and insisted we go out on the town for lunch and eat with them which really helped. The evening visit with him was also good, but his fever had come back so we felt bad for him about that. We spoke to the doctor and she thinks he is experiencing a food allergy along with a bad cold. They assured us they are treating him and he will be fine. With a high fever we are amazed at how well he handles it as he has not even wimpered once. He is a fighter and a trooper for sure. We took him some Gerber graduates sweet corn puffs and thought he would consider it a treat, but instead Alan said he made the same face that I make when I don't like something! He does love the toys that we brought him and the photo album that has his new family in it. Our last day to visit with him on this trip is tomorrow and then we will start the journey back on Thursday. Keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle and Alan:
I will definately keep ya'll in my prayers. I can't wait to see pics and eventually introduce Ty to Konner to play! It is so exciting. Ya'll are so blessed, God is So Good! I am sure your little man will get well fast, premies are more fighers than any other I think. I know TY is!!

I am sorry that I haven't looked at your trip before. I think this site is really neat!!

Love and Prayers,
Jessica Parker

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos! Konner is so beautiful! I look forward to seeing him soon! I am glad to hear someone pried you from the room. You will be glad that you experienced a bit of the culture one day! I am so happy for you! Prayers for a wonderful trip home!
-Rebecca