Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Verdict Is In......

After 3 1/2 hours of intense grilling from the judge we received a favorable ruling! In 10 days from tomorrow Konner will be all ours!!!!!! Everyone said they thought court went really well, although we weren't very sure about it. Alan's speech was so good that I didn't have to make a speech! I had to stand up and answer questions for about 5 minutes which was nothing compared to his. When he was done with his speech the judge and prosecutor asked him questions for about 30 minutes. I felt really sorry for him, but he did very well. I think they stopped asking me questions because they could see that I was getting way too emotional, yes me!

We got to go visit Konner at the orphange this afternoon and all the workers were congratulating us and telling us how happy they were for us and for Konner. One of the caregivers even exchanged email addresses with us because she wants us to send her pictures of him because he has always been her favorite. She also said she has some pictures to send us of Konner when he was smaller. We can tell that they all really care about our son.

We did a little sightseeing after court today. I say little because it's about 3 degrees which is a heat wave here! As promised I took some pictures of the snow. They also have some very pretty ice sculptures near the parks & the white house. I guess they don't have to worry about them melting!





2 comments:

Kellie said...

So excited!! I am so happy for you!!
By the way, Konner is a very strong name. My son is Connor, and he is a wonderful strong young man.

Tina said...

We are so Happy for you!!!!!!!!!!